Friday, August 3, 2012

A Few Thoughts About Dreaming (And Being Brave)


A couple of months ago, I watched (in person) as Nik Wallenda walked across Niagara Falls on a tightrope.  It was truly magical to witness his childhood dream coming true.



That was a great big dream that took extreme bravery, a lot of hard work, and a lot of help from a lot of people.  Not all dreams are that grandiose, but what I have come to discover is that most dreams (big, small, and in-between), require bravery, hard work, and very often the help of other people...


Which leads me to the wish of beautiful dreamer, Jenny Lee Wentworth:


image courtesy of Jenny Lee Wentworth


"A DREAM TO PAINT...
Painting is my passion. The magical Misty Mawn is teaching a class in Italy at the end of September and I have been dreaming about going for a long time. I tucked the dream away thinking that is just wasn't possible on my salary. It was always there in the back of my mind prodding at me. I decided I didn't want my dream to dwindle away so I'm asking for your help to make it a reality. The class must be paid in full by the end of August."
-Jenny Lee Wentworth

I think that Jenny is very brave to ask for the help she needs.  (How often do we let the fear of asking for help stand in our way?)


In addition, she has been working hard and painting her heart out trying to get ready for an ebay auction to raise money for her trip.  Now all Jenny needs to make her dream a reality is some help...


If you would like to help Jenny, you can make a donation on her blog,
or you can bid on one of her paintings here.


image courtesy of Jenny Lee Wentworth

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream.  
A dream you dream together is reality."
-John Lennon

6 comments:

  1. Great post and I hope she gets there... I have marked the dates and links and look forward to seeing how it goes... and the tightrope thing freaked me out... how cool to see it in person...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome post I have her auction info up on fb and reposted her fb request on her bday, I think all of us helping can make this dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome post I have her auction info up on fb and reposted her fb request on her bday, I think all of us helping can make this dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post, Kristin!
    It is so wonderful to dream along with Jenny, too! :)
    She is in inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for supporting my friend, Jenny Wentworth's dream to study art in Italy! I did too. I had the pleasure of meeting Jenny in person a few years ago at Art and Soul in Judy Wises art journal workshop! Jenny is as beautiful as her paintings and a good sweet human being. I'm so glad her dream is going to materialize for her by her own hard work and help from others who bought her art and/or made donations to this dream come true.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love and appreciate all of your comments! I turned off the word verification so please don't leave me spam. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...